Safety in Theater
According to the guidelines of the Regional state administration of Southern Finland (AVI), we are adopting the covid passport in our performances starting 4.12.2021. Everyone over the age of 16 years will have to present a valid covid passport, when coming to our performances.The EU Digital COVID Certificate consists of three different certificates: a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination, a certificate of a COVID-19 test result, and a certificate of recovery from COVID-19. You can get this passport from My Kanta (kanta.fi).
We also require the use of face masks from everyone over the age of 12 years. The following guidelines will be carefully considered at Puppet Theatre Sampo so that we can all come to watch the performances safely together.
- We recommend booking tickets for performances in advance, this helps us in in taking care of safety.
- Please don’t come to the theatre if you don’t feel completely healthy! Tickets can always be transferred to a later performance if you contact us beforehand.
- To avoid overcrowding we open the auditorium doors well in advance so you can choose your place in peace. Staff will check and give instructions if necessary.
- Observe safety distances when queuing or waiting, as much as possible.
- Use hand sanitizers, when you arrive. There are several in the premises. Washing your hands when arriving is also a good idea.
- If you wish, you can take your clothes to the auditorium, but the clothes rack in the foyer is also in use (we hope that larger bags will still be left in the foyer, for security reasons). Prams should be left in the courtyard.
- While waiting for the performance to begin, you can choose a table in the café and order something. The café is also open after the performance. Avoid overcrowding also in the queue.
- We prefer card payment at the ticket desk and the cafe.
- During the performance, we hope you will stay at the place you have chosen. If it is difficult for a child to stay still, etc., it is a good idea to choose a side seat, so that you can easily get out of the auditorium into the lobby if necessary.
- Leaving the auditorium after the performance will happen row by row, starting from the first row. Please wait for the staff´s instructions.
- Please avoid crowding also in the foyer and toilets. Staff will guide if necessary.
- When booking, we ask for your contact information, in order to contact you if the performance should be canceled or after the performances, if exposures occur.
- We take extra good care of the cleanliness of the theatre and surfaces are wiped several times a day.
- Cough or sneeze only into a handkerchief or your sleeve if there is no handkerchief. Hand washing / disinfection is also necessary thereafter.
- The theatre staff only comes to work completely healthy. We also use face masks in customer service. So don’t be scared if we look like outer space types!
- We strongly recommend customers to also use a face mask, according to current regulations. This applies to people over 12 years old.
We follow the pandemic performance guidelines for the performing arts sector which you can find out more about on the Finnish Theatres’ Associations website (link) and we follow THL’s (Finnish National Health Service) current guidelines.
With these instructions, we wish everyone a wonderful time at the Puppet Theatre!