Safety in Theater
By order of the Regional State Administrative Agency (AVI), all public events are prohibited until February 28th 2021. Puppet Theatre Sampo is closed during this time.
The following guidelines will be carefully considered so that we can all come to watch the performances safely together during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Only about a third of the places in the auditorium are in use so that we can maintain the necessary safety distances between individual spectators / groups. The auditorium is unnumbered.
- The entrances and lobby areas are kept congested and we open the auditorium doors well in advance so you can choose your place in peace.
- We hope you will stay at the place you have chosen during the performance. If it is difficult for a child to stay still, etc., it is a good idea to choose a side seat, so that you can easily get out of the auditorium into the lobby if necessary.
- Please come to the theatre well in advance, hurry does not help to ensure safety.
- If you wish, you can take your clothes to the auditorium, but the clothes rack in the foyer is also in use (we hope that larger bags will still be left in the foyer, for security reasons). Prams should be left in the courtyard.
- Please also make sure that you maintain a safety distance of 1-2 meters to other spectators and staff in all situations, including the foyer and toilets. Staff will guide if necessary.
- The theatre uses hand sanitizers, please use them!
- Tickets for performances should be booked in advance so that we can take care of safety and keep the number of audience members limited.
- When booking, we ask for your contact information, in order to contact you if the performance should be canceled or after the performances, if exposures occur.
- We prefer card payment at the ticket desk and the cafe.
- We have intensified the cleaning of the theatre and we take care of the cleanliness of the surfaces several times a day.
- Don’t come to the theatre if you don’t feel completely healthy!
- Cough or sneeze only into a handkerchief or your sleeve if there is no handkerchief. Hand washing / disinfection is also necessary thereafter.
- The theatre staff only comes to work completely healthy. We also use face masks / visors in customer service. So don’t be scared if we look like outer space types!
- We strongly recommend the use of a face mask in our premises at all times. This applies to all people over 15 years of age.
We follow the pandemic performance guidelines for the performing arts sector which you can find out more about on the Finnish Theatres’ Associations website (link) and we follow THL’s (Finnish National Health Service) current guidelines.
With these instructions, we wish everyone a wonderful time at the Puppet Theatre!